Home » SharepointRSS

Event ID 6398 and 5586 (SharePoint 2010)

I have configured Search on a Single Farm SharePoint 2010 server on Windows Server 2008 R2. The crawls are working and I’m getting results on a search page, but the event log creates these two events every minute:

Critical Event 6398

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Monitoring.HealthStatUpdateJobDefinition (ID 151f6f19-594d-4ba8-ab82-0b187839325a) threw an exception. More information is included below.

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.Search_GetRecentStats'.

 

Error Event 5586

Unknown SQL Exception 2812 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.Search_GetRecentStats'.


 

I have spent hours trying to get these events go away. Can anyone help?

 

8 Answers Found

 

Answer 1

Try to run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard and see if errors out or fixes anything. This will be a good place to start since it looks like you are missing a stored procedure in the database.
 

Answer 2

I tried running the configuration wizard already and no change. I tried deleting the search service application and recreating it, running the wizard again, and still no change.

 

Answer 3

Hi PawnofGod,

Have you had any luck fixing this problem? - I have ran into exactly the same issue.

Thanks

 

Answer 4

After hours of research and testing, I did get the errors in the event  log to stop.

I have the Usage and Health Data Collection Service Application installed. This service application creates a database just for logging. Apparently the Search Service was trying to make entries in that database and couldn’t.

I read that the logging database grows fast, so I never enable the Usage Data Collection. Once I did, the errors were gone.

To enable the Usage Data Collection navigate to Central Admin\Application Management\Service Applications\Manage service applications.  Once there highlight the WSS_UsageApplication and select manage from the ribbon.  Under Usage Data Collection check the box. Under Health Data Collection check the Enable health data collection box.  Hit OK and the errors will be gone.

 

Answer 5

Unbelievable - thank you.  I too spent hours trying to fix this issue and the answer was as simple as enabling the option.

 

 

 

Answer 6

This did not work for me as I have this enabled already. My error is reporting as an event  ID 6398, however it is a timer related issue.

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ProfileSynchronizationSetupJob (ID 2421aac6-cb9a-49d4-8f9f-f6367abf99f3) threw an exception. More information is included below.

An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object UserProfileApplication Name=User Profile Service Application was updated by domainxx\accountname, in the OWSTIMER (1560) process, on machine <ServerName>.  View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.

I removed the domain and server information.

This is preventing me from getting my sites set up.

 

Answer 7

SGGORDY-

Did you ever get a fix for this.

I am really getting frustrated. In my testing environment I was not gettint any errors. Now that I am teying to set up on the production server itis just bleeding throught he event  logs.

 

I am getting an error  ID 6398

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.Search_GetRecentStats'.

Unable to find a fix. The workaround listed above is already set as default when navigated there.

I am getting thrown all sorts of permision errors.

Got a fix for this -

Session "WSSUSAGESESSION14" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

cant figure it out either.

 

Derek

 

Answer 8

Derek,

I never did get a fix that worked.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall and did it all manually. Since, I have been lucky enough not to receive this error again, and have everything setup what appears to be "perfectly". I do recommend a manual setup - which can take a bit longer and can be challenging, however, I was able to tackle all erorrs and was able to clear them all. I did not at any time run the Farm Config Wizard, as this will also reset your superuser accounts and other items. I wanted full control over my environment.

 

 
 
 

<< Previous      Next >>


Microsoft   |   Windows   |   Visual Studio   |   Follow us on Twitter