We are currently looking at setting up some sort of wiki, Based on expericence sharepoint 2007 really wasn't the best solution compared to some other open source wiki's available. In particular we are looking at Mindtouch. Before we rule it out completly i would like to now what changes have been made in 2010. here is a list of features that mindtouch can offer that i would like to know if sharepoint 2010 can handle
1. Attachment History - If you attach an attachment to a wiki page can you make a change, attach it again and then see the history of the attachment itself. can Sharepoint do this?
2. Extensions - Mindtouch offeres a huge number of extensions that are used to extend the wiki features such as adding video, Code formatting and highlighter, Digg, Flickr, Linkedin, silverlight and so on. These are all free, is there as good of a collection and easy to install for sharepoint?
3. Sharepoint 2007 really didn't have much of a wiki feel to it. has this been improved?
4. Skins - Mindtough comes with a large number of skins already available to help you customise your page, are there any prebuild skins for sharepoint?
5. They offer a tool suite that does these very cool features, does sharepoint have something that handles these features.
- Explorer type app that lets you browse your pages, create new, edit delte all with the look and fell of like winodws explorer
- It lets you Drag and drop text onto a wiki page to append it to the page
- It lets you publish a wiki page directly from word and outlook, this will upload any embeded images and download any links to images then attach them to the newly created page keeping the original formatting.
6. Sharepoint 2007 had a painful process to attach an image to a page, what has change in regards to this?
7. I read somewhere sharepoint 2007 could not add comments to a wiki page, has anything change here?
and in general what else has inproved with the wiki side of things?Read more...