For your concern, I need to do some clarification with you:
Q1: What's the exact error message
As Pvdg42 mentioned, we can install Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 separately on the same machine.
To install Visual Studio 2008 on Windows 7, could you please help me to try the following points?
1. Check whether you have turned on the windows feature of .NET Framework 3.5.1.
Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Check the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.
2. Use Verification Tool
to verify .Net Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. If .Net Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 cannot be verified on your computer, you
can try to follow the steps mentioned in the following blog to repair the .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 on Windows 7.
(also apply for Windows 7)
3. If .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 are verified successfully but the installation
still fails, please try the following steps to collect the log file for further troubleshooting:
- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
- Install VS2008
(The installer must be run with administrator privileges
- Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator")
- Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
Collect tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en
- Send vslogs.cab file to me (email@example.com
Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.
Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.
Yichun ChenMSDN Subscriber Support
If you have any feedback on our support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org