Based on your description, it looks like that the VS2010 installation was blocked when it tried to install
VC 9.0 Runtime component.
Firstly, could you please provide me more information on your OS
? Which version of OS are you running now?
[08/10/10,12:13:12] VC 9.0 Runtime (x86): MSI Record result detail: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.4974",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'.
Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070057.
For error code "0x80070057", it means that "the parameter is incorrect".
To install Visual Studio 2010, could you please help me to check the following steps?
Please check whether you install VS2010 with the Administrator account.
If the installer is downloaded from the official website, please try to use
other web browser
or some download manager software
to download the installer again.
For the ISO installer, you might try the following points to install VS2010:
- Make sure, to disable the Anti-Virus software during installation
- For the ISO image, please extract the ISO image, to your local computer, by using the 3rd-party tools like WinZip and run the installation from the extracted file on the harddrive/harddisk
If the problem still exists, could you please try the following steps to collect the log files?
- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
- Install VS2010
(For Vista or later OS, the installer must be run with administrator privileges
- Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator")
- Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
Collect tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en
- Send vslogs.cab file to me (email@example.com
Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.
Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.
Yichun ChenMSDN Subscriber Support
If you have any feedback on our support, please contact